Before engaging in any Physical Fitness Routine you should sit back and ask yourself the following 10 questions. These questions will help pave the path to success when it comes to all of your health and fitness goals and prevent you from stumbling along the way.
1. What do you want? Determine your number one fitness goal as well as short, mid and long terms goals. Use these goals as a measuring tool, to help track progress through your workout regimen.
2. Why do you want it? Ask yourself deep down why these goals you have set out are important and how they will help you better yourself and your life? Set goals for the right reasons.
3. Where do you want it? Determine your target areas that may require extra attention or specific training. This could be a specific body part you are not happy with due to amount of body fat or injury.
4. When do you want it by? Set a dead line to achieve your overall goal. Make it an important and realistic date. This will help keep you focused while staying disciplined, to meet your goal in a timely manner.
5. How will you feel when you get it? Paint a vivid picture of yourself. Think of a few words to describe your picture and use these words as a constant reminder of what you are driving towards.
6. How will you feel if you do not? Understand the consequences if you continue to do nothing. Obtain a few words to describe it and understand that you never want to use these words again.
7. What will happen if you keep doing what you are doing now? Look ahead one, five and finally 10 years. If you continue on your current path, where will it lead you? If what you are doing right now is not working, you need to fix it.
8. What do you need help with? Identify what you can not do on your own or need assistance with and seek help or guidance from friends, family, loved ones or fitness professionals.
9. What are you prepared to do about it? What type of commitment are you willing to make in order to achieve your goal? There will be sacrifices and you might have to make some big life changes.
10. What has stopped you in the past? What barriers to change are there? What habits have preceded success? How can we stop them from happening this time? These are all important questions we must ask ourselves to help identify and overcome all of life's obstacles that stand in our way.
Now take a pen and paper and answer the above questions as they refer to you. Answer them honestly and realistically before setting off on your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. Keep the paper in your gym bag and if you ever find yourself veering off course, use it as a road map to get you back on the right track!