I am going to talk about one of the biggest things I deal with as a Personal Trainer, “Weight Loss”.
If you are looking for an easy weight loss plan and you want the Fat to drop off without any effort, then unless you are seriously ill, “which you don`t want” weight loss might not be that easy and lady luck does play a role in how easy you can lose weight. Most of us have seen people that can eat anything they want and still stay slim, and I even have some clients that fit this bill, “Lucky them.”
For most people who are overweight losing the extra pounds can be extremely difficult. Why?
There are probably hundreds of reasons “sorry I mean to say excuses” and I have heard them all before, but we won`t go into that in this article.
If you want to lose some weight, here are a few things you should consider.
1. Ask yourself how much do you want to lose weight? Is it worth sacrificing some of your favorite foods / alcohol that is not so healthy?
2. Are you prepared to put in some extra effort?
3. Will you start / increase your exercise levels?
4. Do you have your weight loss goals written down? People who write them down are more likely to be successful.
5. If you have tried to lose weight in the past why did it not work?
6. Can you write down a healthy eating plan for 1 week? Try this right now if you want. If you can`t then you need some education regarding what foods are good and how to plan them into your daily meals.
7. If you have a food plan you are going to follow, are you going to be able to stick to it for the rest of your life? If not, then your weight will probably go back up.
As a Personal Trainer I understand just how daunting a task it can be to shed those unwanted pounds and I will now give you a few tips to help you on your journey to a healthier happier you.
1. Exercise on an empty stomach if possible, this can help you burn up to 300% more fat.
2. Instead of doing long slow cardio sessions make them more intense and do interval training Ie 40 seconds fast 20 seconds recovery, adjust times to suit you fitness level.
3. Include some form of weight training into your session as this will also boost your metabolism (burn more calories) for up to 48hrs after you finish your workout.
4. Set yourself some fitness goals and monitor your progress.
5. Keep a food diary.
6. If you have a bad day don`t let that slip into a bad week get right back on track the next day.
There are hundreds of other tips I will be sharing in later articles as well as some Rapid Fat Loss workout videos, which will really get your body burning fat. I hope this article can help you in some way to get that healthy lifestyle, reduce weight, look great and live longer.